Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Pictures

Artwork By: Fabian Perez
Provided By: Ataraxia


I parked my car across Mr. Wright's apartment building and waited. There wasn't much left to do, but eye at his apartment - and wait. Well-suited was not my way of spending the night in a '91 Civic - though I had my coat off and cozied up my collar shirt, but still uncomfortable. It was like back in school when nap was always welcomed even in uniform; though things changed after years. I loved being a little girl, it made me do everything without having to ponder about the consequences.


Night was dark but shades of orange twilight were evident. I loved the quiet silent night right from the day when fear of darkness vanished from inside of me. Even the slightest of move created a blatant sound. I lowered the window and lit a cigarette. I've always smoked for occassions and the moment was swell enough. Soon I started taking big puffs and in no time vision in front of me got smokey.

I stared right through it at the dark sky, the whirl smoke, I felt as being soothe into the wormhole of past-shuddersome-memories. Rise of trance-optic tunes somewhere in my Cerebral Cortex and soon flashy flicks of, once shrouded past, were all that I was dwelled on into. They flashed, flashed and flashed - faster, faster and faster; and 'tuk' as mere drop of pin just brought me back. That numbness was there, I could shiver, with a sweaty forehead. I didn't blink, frightened to close my eyes even for a bit; paralyzed!

It was not the pin that dropped. It was her - the Lady in Black, who impetuously came storming through the bar door which was endlessly creating a racking sound as it slammed back and forth assisted by the wind.

She grubbed a cigarette pack from her purse and pulled one out. Took a lighter, lit it up and with a draggy gait leaned against the cornered side-wall of the street. She was, as if, a bloom in the misty night and a cynosure of everything around her. I kept looking at her as she looked at the silent dead street with great pursuit. Then I realized that she was actually where I am, ...

We were there. Nowhere! She kept looking at the street, and I at her, without a sight of purpose. I finally knew what it was like to be empty - oblivious of all senses. It was an unfathomable truth of life that we are all - mere pictures!

7 Comments:

Blogger DysfunctionaL said...

very nice.. very true.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Gulzar said...

Vicky messege me what you want in my yahoo id...hope to hear from you...

Right now I'm away travelling...so you would have to excuse me...

And this is some kind of project that you are looking for?

Take care
Gulzar

5:09 AM  
Blogger M said...

u did this..?

is there more of it..?

nice peice of work... True. "Oblivious. Numb."

...ciao..

7:24 AM  
Blogger coco jumbo said...

kya baat hai aap ki

6:22 PM  
Blogger TakeOnLife said...

oohooo... chootoo and women that's a FIRST... hehehehehe

2:25 PM  
Blogger meshwork said...

nice..very nice...
missed your work....

anyways hope you're doin well..:)

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

滿.........................................................

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home